Well today was the big Zoo trip. Let me tell you, I have been going to the local Zoo for about the last 15 years and it has not improved. They have been working on the thing all of this time and yet every time I go it seems to be worse. There were hardly any animals out and about half of the place was blocked off for construction. I would not complain much if it was cheaper to get in but for $26 I expect to see more. Anywho....the kids had fun and I guess that matters the most.
Q had to ride the bus on the way up there and he was happy about that, me not so much. I am not crazy about the bus rides but oh well a kid has to live right??? Tinkerbell and I took the van and Amy and her niece joined us for a a not so pretty day at the Zoo. The weather was pretty nasty but at least it did not rain. It was the coolest day we have had in awhile though and I just balded poor Q's head last night. We got there about 10:30 and started on our rounds.
Our first stop was the gorillas and that is always about my favorite part of the Zoo. They are so amazing to me and I could watch them all day. One plus the Zoo has is they have a baby Gorilla and I love to see her. She is getting around alot more now than she was a year ago. Then we were off to see the snakes which I have to say were very active today and they just creeped me out. The kids enjoyed seeing them though and at least it was warm inside there.
By the time we got done there is was time to head out to meet the class for lunch. I was surprised but pleasantly so that the kids actually ate and didn't spend the whole time begging to get back in there to run around some more. It once again doesn't say much for the Zoo though, my kids are almost always ready to go back but not so much today.
We finished up the trip with going to see the elephants again, bears and one of my other favorites the river otters. Tinkerbell's favorite animal was as she calls them "the long necks" giraffes. Q being all boy like he is loved the snakes. Q also commented several times on all the animals that he would like to hunt for, got to love it. Oh, I also took pictures of our next pet....meet Mr. Anteater. LOL!
We left the Zoo about 1:30 and I was so tired. The drive home felt like I was driving home from Houston, I thought we would NEVER get home! Q rode back with us and he was passed out within a few minutes. We got back just in time to pick W.W. up from school. We came home and Tinkerbell and I went to bed so I could try to fight a headache caused from to little sleep last night and a day spent at a zoo that was full of loud school kids. I am almost recouped now and just waiting for field trip number two on Friday.
I am so ready for school to be out! I swear they try to do a years worth of stuff in the last month of school. W.W. has like six test this week and a field trip. If there is already this much work in first grade I am afraid we won't be able to make it next year. I am shocked at the amount the kids are learning so early now.
One last little bit of news, I seen someone post on Facebook today that they thought the animals were going to start pairing up soon and I am beginning to agree. My goodness at the rain!!! It is raining again now and there was not even a chance of rain for today. I think it is supposed to rain again tomorrow. I am pretty sure that I need to be checking on my pool to make sure it isn't going to overflow. I just got my saltwater pump set up and my salt levels right and it will be all messed up again now. Oh well, I shouldn't complain I am sure in a month or two I will be on here complaining that it is so dry. We people are hard to please...
No comments:
Post a Comment