Learning to love life as we now know it...........

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lake Leaky Becomes Lake Midway...

Well, it has rained....and rained...and rained! While we have had more rain in the past for sure it was still quite an event. Last night we went to bed thinking it was done for the night only to wake up two hours later to an incredible hail storm. Michael said he had never in his life seen it hail like that. Lightening was flashing everywhere and low and behold we lost power.

I called the electric company it in at 1:00am and the automated person said it would be back on at 2:00am, 2:00 came and went as well as the hours after that. At 7:00 this morning as I was trying to figure out what color a pair of shorts was by candle light (It is times like this that maybe getting rid of 99% of my candles because I like Scentsy so well was maybe not the best idea.) I called again. This time I was told it would be on by 8:00am.......Thursday morning!!!!!!!!! Thankfully they were wrong and after I returned home from a very wet trip to town the lights were back on.

We are really blessed to live on a hill top and I was reminded of that today on my trip to town. So many place get flooded every spring and it is really something to see. The river was really high and it is a little nerve wrecking to cross it but wild to see at the same time.

Now on to our body of water. About six years ago Michael dug a pond in our front field. It was supposed to be a pretty large pond and my Dad (Joe..LOL!) called it Lake Midway. Well, after two years it was renamed Lake Leaky due to the fact that it would not hold water and by the end of summer it looks more like a dried up mud puddle. We have never seen what it would look like full........until today! Michael just came in and announced that Lake Leaky was going over the spillway for the first time! I was shocked but now I am hopeful! There has alway's been question of if the pond would ever fill up if maybe it would cause enough pressure to seal the leak. I doubt it happens but it would be great if it did.

What our pond used to look like. LOL!
Our pond today....


Michael also said that it must have rained fish last night because there are brim hitting all over the top of the water. I think we may even try to let the kiddos fish it while it is full. The kids have been wanting to fish for the last little while so who knows maybe the field will dry enough and this will be their chance.

In other news I had another go around with the school today. I swear someone up there needs to grow some balls and say what they mean! You can't get a straight answer out of anyone and that almost makes me madder than the issue. After a trip to the principles office and a call to the superintendents office I came to the decision that I will just do what I want to do. All of this over one little line at the bottom of a field trip permission slip saying "No sibling's allowed." I told the school that they were biting the hand that feeds them and that they did not own the museum, so how can they tell me who may or may not attend. The superintendent was actually a little helpful in providing me with the information I needed to go to the handbook committees next meeting which is exactly what I will be doing. Until then Tinkerbell and I will be joining W.W. on his field trip Friday and see if there is any stink raised.....I dare them!

Well, until the next time....April

Oh, also I thought I would throw in a picture of a slim trim Baby!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pond! How in the heck did fish just appear? LOL

    We have a no sibling policy allowed either. So, I just load up in my van with R and go separate. They can't stop me from going to a public place with my child in my own transportation.

    Take care!
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, if I had not found a babysitter that is what I was planning on doing also. I guess I will be making a trip to the school board meeting soon though. It really makes me mad.

    ReplyDelete