Today was the big museum day. W.W.'s class had their end of the year field trip. The museum we went to is a really neat place and we have taken the kids there several times ourselves, so I was looking forward to going. We got there about 9:30 and it looked like it was going to be a great day, and it was a great day until about 9:45 when about ten other buses pulled up. I think there were about 400 people there and it is not that big of a place at all!
W.W. having a good time.
We actually did have a pretty good time, but it was way to crowded. I am so glad that I didn't have Tinkerbell with me (Thank you so much Annette). If I would have I would have spent the whole day in a panic looking for her. W.W. is old enough that I don't worry about him as much as I used to.
Check out this crowd, and it isn't even the beginning of how bad it was.
I was really proud of our school on one thing today though. On the field trip today there were 40 kids for our school and 38 parents. That is a great parental involvement rate and something that I think makes the school as good as it is. There were also several Dad's on the trip today, they were very good entertainment. LOL! Michael's cousin was there and he feels just like Michael does about crowds so he was not having the best day of his life.
The museum is really neat though. It is a science museum and has tons of hands on stuff for the kids to do. Right before we left they did their little show where they have this lightening bolt thing and they also do the hair raiser thing where a kid puts their hand on this ball and the static electricity makes their hair stand up over their whole head. That didn't work so well today with the humidity as high as it was.
The lightening bolt thing-a-majiger...LOL!
W.W. said his favorite part of the whole thing was this optical illusion thing they had where it looked like there was a spring in this box but when you put your hand in it there was actually nothing. Pretty neat! I think my favorite part was the water and the nature trails outside. It is a great place to take pictures.
Walker trying to grab the spring that wasn't there.
All in all it was a great day. W.W. got another key chain to add to his collection and we really enjoyed being able to spend the day together. It is not very often that I get to spend one on one time with the boy's and I really enjoy it when I do. I hope they enjoy it also, I want them to be able to look back on times like that when they are older.
Good times...
I am so glad this week is over! School will be out very soon and our day's will just be full of sleeping and hanging out in the pool! Great times ahead of us and I can't wait. Tomorrows blog will be about Mother's and how many I have in my life. I hope ya'll enjoy it because the blog after that I will be climbing up on my soapbox and I know you can't wait for that. Until tomorrow......April
No comments:
Post a Comment