All of that aside, that is not why I am writing this post. I am writing it because of all of the mothers I have in my life. I looked up a definition of mother and I found what I was looking for. Here it is: moth·ered, moth·er·ing, moth·ers
1. To give birth to; create and produce.
2. To watch over, nourish, and protect maternally.
What I want to talk about today is the second one. To watch over, nourish, and protect maternally. While my own Mother that gave birth to me is no longer in this world I have tons of the second definition. Women of all ages, all over the place and even some men for that matter but today I will focus on the women. I mean it is Mothers day tomorrow after all!
First of all I want to talk about my Step Mother Julie. What a wonderful woman she is, a woman that never gave birth to any children of her own but would have been so wonderful if she had. If I was given a catalog of women to pick through to find a Step Mom I could have never been able to pick one a great as Julie. She would have been an awesome mother, but in other sense she is an awesome mother. I met Julie not long after Mom died and I remember thinking about how much my Mom would have liked her. It is hard to even find the words to describe what a blessing she has been on my life and the lives of my children. I really don't think Julie could love my kids any more even if they were her own flesh and blood. She is so thoughtful and loving and a very dedicated woman. I am so blessed to have her in my life and the lives of my kids. My children love their MiMi....or MeatMeat as Tinkerbell calls her so very much. Julie if you are reading this I love you and I am so proud to have you in my life.
Now to my Aunt Donna, this woman is the picture that they show next to the definition mother. She has been a tremendous help in my life. Always a source of encouragement and so full of love. I doubt that there are many people that my Aunt Donna doesn't mother because watching over, protecting and nourishing is just who she is. How great it must have be to have been one of her children. Aunt Donna is a woman who never rest, she always puts others before herself. Aunt Donna has mothered me and it is such a blessing. I will never even begin to be able to repay her for the help she has given me in life. There are times when I have been sick that I wished could just be with my Aunt Donna because I know that she would take care of me. I hope she knows what a treasure she is, but I doubt that she would see it. She thinks she is just doing what needs to be done and that it is not that big of a deal. I do not see it that way at all, I see Aunt Donna as a woman that has given of herself above and beyond what could be expected of any one person. She will have a special place in Heaven for all that she has done in life, for the 1000's of people I am sure she has mothered. I love my Aunt Donna very much and Tinkerbell also loves her "Aunt Donnie."
Now on to my friends Amy, Ashley, Catherine, Faith, Stacey and Tiffany. All of these women also mother me. They worry when I am sick, they are there to listen to me when I have a problem, they celebrate the great things that happen, they get mad when I am angry and they pray for me and my family. If all of that isn't mothering then I don't know what is. I am blessed to have each and every one of them in my life. There are not many people that are as lucky as I am when it comes to the wonderful friends in my life.
I want to thank all of the Mothers in my life. I do not have any idea how I would make it without you all. I know I have not even begin to talk about all of the mothers in my life but I love you all and thank you for what you have done. You have all been an inspiration to me and I have no idea how I would make it without you. I love all of you more than you can imagine.
Happy Mothers Day!!!!
What I want to talk about today is the second one. To watch over, nourish, and protect maternally. While my own Mother that gave birth to me is no longer in this world I have tons of the second definition. Women of all ages, all over the place and even some men for that matter but today I will focus on the women. I mean it is Mothers day tomorrow after all!
First of all I want to talk about my Step Mother Julie. What a wonderful woman she is, a woman that never gave birth to any children of her own but would have been so wonderful if she had. If I was given a catalog of women to pick through to find a Step Mom I could have never been able to pick one a great as Julie. She would have been an awesome mother, but in other sense she is an awesome mother. I met Julie not long after Mom died and I remember thinking about how much my Mom would have liked her. It is hard to even find the words to describe what a blessing she has been on my life and the lives of my children. I really don't think Julie could love my kids any more even if they were her own flesh and blood. She is so thoughtful and loving and a very dedicated woman. I am so blessed to have her in my life and the lives of my kids. My children love their MiMi....or MeatMeat as Tinkerbell calls her so very much. Julie if you are reading this I love you and I am so proud to have you in my life.
Now to my Aunt Donna, this woman is the picture that they show next to the definition mother. She has been a tremendous help in my life. Always a source of encouragement and so full of love. I doubt that there are many people that my Aunt Donna doesn't mother because watching over, protecting and nourishing is just who she is. How great it must have be to have been one of her children. Aunt Donna is a woman who never rest, she always puts others before herself. Aunt Donna has mothered me and it is such a blessing. I will never even begin to be able to repay her for the help she has given me in life. There are times when I have been sick that I wished could just be with my Aunt Donna because I know that she would take care of me. I hope she knows what a treasure she is, but I doubt that she would see it. She thinks she is just doing what needs to be done and that it is not that big of a deal. I do not see it that way at all, I see Aunt Donna as a woman that has given of herself above and beyond what could be expected of any one person. She will have a special place in Heaven for all that she has done in life, for the 1000's of people I am sure she has mothered. I love my Aunt Donna very much and Tinkerbell also loves her "Aunt Donnie."
Now on to my friends Amy, Ashley, Catherine, Faith, Stacey and Tiffany. All of these women also mother me. They worry when I am sick, they are there to listen to me when I have a problem, they celebrate the great things that happen, they get mad when I am angry and they pray for me and my family. If all of that isn't mothering then I don't know what is. I am blessed to have each and every one of them in my life. There are not many people that are as lucky as I am when it comes to the wonderful friends in my life.
I want to thank all of the Mothers in my life. I do not have any idea how I would make it without you all. I know I have not even begin to talk about all of the mothers in my life but I love you all and thank you for what you have done. You have all been an inspiration to me and I have no idea how I would make it without you. I love all of you more than you can imagine.
Happy Mothers Day!!!!
OK, OK ENOUGH ALREADY!! Everybody over here is squalling including the DOGS!! Besides you are EASY to love Sweetheart (cute and snuggly--LOL)!!
ReplyDeleteJoe (AKA Pop Pop)
Awwww, April, I too am in tears over here. You are such a sweet and dear friend to me. I love you, lady!
ReplyDeleteOne of your "mothers" or "mutha" cause that's how I roll :-)
Faith
April, that was so sweet. Not that I would expect anything any different from you. You are one of the best mamas I know, I've learned so much from you about enjoying and loving my kids, and also about loving and enjoying my own mother. Thank you, and happy mothers day!
ReplyDelete~Ashley
April:
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my blog...
Sorry you lost your mother I'm sure she is so proud of the mother you are...Hope you had a GREAT Mother's Day!
It was a beautiful post and I really enjoyed reading it.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your Mom. I can't imagine losing my Mom so young. It sounds like God has provided many great women to stand in her place, though. And I see you are very grateful for that.
ReplyDeleteAmen and amen! :-)
Thanks for lurking (and commenting!) on my blog.
~Brenda