9:45...that is what time I slept until this morning! Let me tell you it was nice. Since I have gotten up I have done nothing, yep you read that right absolutely nothing other than taking care of my childrens basic needs and I haven't done great at that. We have all been rather lazy today and it is great!
As bad as I hate to admit it though I have already gotten my first "There is nothing to do" of the summer. To which I responded to with the first "The room needs to be cleaned" of the summer. I haven't heard much from the kiddos since. They are hanging out in the bedroom doing who knows what but I am willing to bet that it has nothing to do with cleaning. Ahh the great days of summer!
I have got so much to get done in the next few weeks but I doubt I start any of it for the next few days. I really want to just hang out with all three kids and enjoy our unplanned days. They grow so fast and it seems like with all of the activities that go on around us sometimes we don't get to enjoy the little simple pleasures of each day. Things like sitting on the couch with them all sitting on or around me and cuddling while watching something mind numbing on TV.
I honestly believe my kids are blessed that we have as much of a laid back life as we do. I look at some other families that spend all of their time running from one activity to another and it makes me sad. I am so glad that my kids don't have to be entertained really. They can play with each other in the yard for hours and that is great.
Well I guess that is enough for now, I would hate to break my lazy day off by spending to much time on here thinking. I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Enjoy your kids, each day that goes by is one that you can never get back....April
nothing wrong with a lazy day! How else do we moms gather strength for those not-so-lazy days :)?!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!