Today was kindergarten fun day at the school. When I woke up this morning everything felt like it was going to be hell day. My head hurt, my nose was pouring and my eyes were watering. Somehow I have ended up with a head cold and spending the day with fifty-eight screaming five and six year olds did not sound like my idea of a good day.
Lucky for me Q decided to bless me with a morning of no arguing, it is a rare occasion but I guess he decided since school is drawing to a close that he could handle one more full day. So, I got the boy's ready and took them to the school. When I came home the bed was calling my name but I resisted thinking that I had to be at the school by nine. I got in the bath and got ready, I called Annette to see if she would watch Tinkerbell till noon and she said she would. After I sent her on her way I headed back to the school.
When I showed up I thought it was odd that I appeared to be the only parent there for fun day. I soon realized that since I kept the boy's home yesterday that I missed the note to let us know that fun day had been moved to this afternoon. After many apologizes from Q's teacher she asked if I would stay and help. When I said I would I had no idea what was in store for me. Do you know what hell it is to tie off 450 water balloons? Do you know the kind of damage it does to your fingers? LOL! Well, that is how I spent my morning.
At about eleven the kids started streaming towards me. I got to then get up and open about a hundred juicies. At this point I decided to skip out and go pick up Tinkerbell. We then came back and actually got to watch the kids have fun. As much as I dreaded the day it actually wasn't that bad. Q had a blast and that is what mattered the most to me.
Today was his last real day of kindergarten, where has the year gone? I am so happy to be able to have the boy's back home with me but I am sad that it means they are growing up. Next year I will have a first grader and a second grader. Some day's it seems as though I just had them. Tomorrow I will attend graduation....that is if I remember to pay that $.75 that I owe the school. They sent a note home today informing me that Q could not graduate if I didn't pay up. I mean come on....$.75 could change my childs whole life. LOL!
W.W.'s last day will be Friday if I decide to send him. Tomorrow they are going on another no parent allowed field trip followed by another on Thursday. I am pretty chapped about the whole no parent thing but I will let it slide since it is the end of the year. Not only that, they as a class will have taken four field trips by the end of the week...crazy if you ask me.
Well, I guess that is all the news that is news for today. Tomorrow may be a sad day for me but I will try and post pictures tomorrow night. I am off to take some night time cold medicine and maybe it will knock me out till morning. Until tomorrow....night night!
No comments:
Post a Comment