Learning to love life as we now know it...........

Thursday, May 21, 2009

How did the time fly??



I just got home from sixth grade graduation where my wonderful nephew D graduated. When I met Michael D was not even three years old yet. He was the light of our lives, sunshine on a cloudy day. He was the first, the first nephew, the first grandchild, the first son. I was young and fun back then, and nothing made me happier than taking D and spending the day with him.

I remember when he started school, so tiny with his backpack that looked to big for him. He was so excited but we were all a little sad. It was just another sign that he was growing up. There were times that we worried if D would be okay in school. He was never a big fan of it and I even remember him telling W.W. that he would hate school once he started. However as the years went on D found his little spot in school. He found a love for reading and a love for being the class clown.

I was so proud of him tonight as he sat on the stage with his other classmates. He has come such a long way in the time that I have known him and I can't wait to see how far he will go. D has had one of the hardest lives in so many ways but he has kept a smile on his face through it all.

I can't believe that the little boy that stole my heart ten years ago will be going to the big scary world of high school next year. I love you D, and I know you will do great in life. You will go far and you will always be my sweet little boy.

3 comments:

  1. Your nephew is so cute. Let me tell you before your know it they are in college. I wanted to hop over and see if you knew about SITS The SITS Girls? It's a great community of bloggers. It's all about commenting and finding other bloggers. Hope you decide to join!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I don't think the link is working. It's www.thesitsgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies when you're having fun!! How sweet - he looks absolutely enthralled!

    ReplyDelete