Learning to love life as we now know it...........

Monday, June 8, 2009

So I made it...

Well, I finished reading Twilight, four books in four days. It was wonderful and one of the best romance stories I have ever read. The books were so clean and I was shocked, they were not what I expected at all! I still hope she continues on with her writing, it was such a fabulous story.

We had a wonderful weekend. The kind of weekend that memories are made of I hope. We did nothing Friday night except hang out together, which is alway's great. Then on Saturday we had a yard camp out with family and friends. We roasted hot dogs and made smores. We played games and the kids just all ran in the yard and enjoyed each other very much. Then came time to sleep in the tent which was not my favorite part but the kiddos loved it. Sunday we caught up on our sleep since we didn't actually get in the tent till after 3. It was a late night for the kids so we all napped the next day.

Today we did some cleaning and then we decided to go to D's baseball game. It was hot but I am glad I was able to make it to at least one game before the end of the season. The kids enjoyed the first half but by the end they were hot and ready to go.

Well, I am going to go outside and water my plants while the kids catch lightening bugs. I love summer and the lazy days it brings. The pool time and sunshine. Oh one last thing. I am battling another ear infection. It seems as if all it takes is for me to look at the pool to bring one on. I am having a hard time getting rid of it but maybe I can get it gone by the end of the week. It was about this time last year when I got my first one and let me tell you I have had my fill of them.

Until next time....enjoy your week! April

8 comments:

  1. I hope that ear infection goes fast.
    I absolutely love your title. I have seen those plaques and I have been so wanting to get one of my own.
    Have fun with the lightening bugs. It should be a little taste of heaven for you.
    P.S. Welcome to SITS we are so glad to have you! From the parts that I have read you are going to be an excellent addition to our community. It is sure more fun to blog knowing that your aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! And hope you get rid of that infection...ouch!

    Stopping by from SITS to welcome you to the clubhouse =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing Twilight. I'm only through book two and was worried at the beginning there you were spilling the beans on the other books.

    I can relate... I am not a camper. Unless of course by camper you mean it comes with tires and a steering wheel.

    Stopping by from SITS to welcome you. It's an awesome group of ladies and you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a beautiful blog!
    I think I am the only gal in the world who has read any of the Twilight books. Does that make me totally uncool? ;)
    Stopping by from SITS and wanted to welcome you to the SITStahood! It's so nice to have you!

    Love,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropping in to welcome you to the SITStahood!

    I LOVE the Twilight Saga too :) Have you read the rough draft of midnight sun? It's posted on Stephanie's website.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful weekend. I too enjoy the long days of Summer.

    I hopped over to welcome you to SITS! You are going to enjoy our community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting that you got into the Twilight craze! I too loved the books but am a HUGE Jacob fan and book #4 has disappointed me. 5 months later, I still haven't finished it. LOL

    Coming over from SITS! WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my daughter is all over those Twilight books. and lightening bugs?!? awesome!!

    I am here to welcome you to SITS (I know I am late, but we like to spread out the L-O-V-E)! You are going to love this community of amazing women, the SITStahood rocks!

    Come by my blog Dandelion Wishes and say hello. And if you like follow me...I do a monthly drawing for fun prizes EXCLUSIVLEY from my list of followers...JUST for following, cool right?

    ReplyDelete