Whew what a summer of nothing. We have really not done anything much this summer but I still feel like I am wore out. Maybe yelling at the kids to get out of something ten thousand times a day is more draining than I realized. I am trying to enjoy each day that we have at home because before I know it we will reach our busy month of July and then after that the kids will be back to school.
Today was actually a nice day or it would have been had I not had blood coming out of my ear. I got up several times through the night to take medicine to ease the pain of my ear infection but it was really not much help. So after very little sleep I got ready to go to town when Tinkerbell and W.W. declared that they didn't want to go. I called my Sister-in-law and she told me that she would be happy to keep them while I went. It was so nice just to have one kid with me, and Q has actually reached an age where he can be reasoned with. I only had to spend about $3 on him and he was happy go lucky for the rest of the trip.
I was once again amazed at how I can never stay within my grocery budget while we were gone. I set a limit every week and I can not even remember the last time I stayed in it. It is rather disgusting to me to know that Michael has to work in the heat to make money and I can go spend a chunk of it on just food. All of this and I swear I am a very frugal shopper, you can ask anyone and they will tell you. Oh well though, I guess that is life and we have to eat....or maybe we would be a little better off if we didn't. I know I sure look like i could miss a few meals. LOL!
Anyway, that was our day. We came home and picked up the other kiddos then I ventured out in the incredible heat to work on cleaning the swimming pool. I fixed a fancy dinner of Frito chili pies and then went and stood in the mirror and asked my ear what I have ever done to make it want to cause me so much pain for over a year now. I am undoubtedly entering permanent hearing lose by now and it is kind of a sad thought. I hope the blood will be gone by tomorrow because it is a little disturbing to me.
Two weeks and two days till Michael and I leave for the beautiful coast and I can't wait. I know I will miss my kids dearly but it will be good for Michael and I to have some time with adults. I may need to come back and read this post the night before I leave to remind myself but I will make it. Lots of parents leave their kids over night and they all make it....I can to. LOL!
Enjoy the rest of your week and your upcoming weekend, and remember that life is so much easier when you take it one day at a time. April
No comments:
Post a Comment